07511 217 984
The Three Pigeons Inn. The perfect place to wine, dine & recline in the centre of Banbury. Call: 01295 275220. Or Email: . to book your table or room.
1. A licensed venue isn’t necessary – you can have your Ceremony anywhere: a beach, a garden, a forest, a stately home, hotel or village hall.
2. Time is not an issue for a Celebrant. In peak season, a Registrar will have several weddings per day, either at the office, which gives it a ‘conveyor belt’ feel, or at different venues, meaning they HAVE to keep to time. A good Celebrant will only do ONE ceremony a day: Yours!
3. You are not restricted by content. You can have any religious content or none at all. A Registrar is not allowed by law to let religion feature at all. Some registrars enforce it very strictly. You couldn’t have a harpist playing Ave Maria, for example, nor a prayer, religious blessing or Bible reading. On the other hand, a fully religious church wedding may not be entirely comfortable for you, especially if you are not a regular churchgoer. A Celebrant-led Ceremony is about your beliefs, not the officiant’s.
4. You don’t end up with the same wedding ceremony that everyone else has. Your relationship isn’t the same as anyone else’s. Your ceremony will be all about you, not just names slotted into 2 blank places on the same script.
5. You can add beautiful symbolism to add meaning. What about the tradition of a Unity Candle or a handfasting? Good celebrants can also offer rituals such as a Sand Ceremony, a Ring Blessing, a Loving Cup…. you may even want the fun of ‘Jumping the Broom’! Your Celebrant can explain and include any or all of these for you.
6. You will know EXACTLY who will be officiant on your Wedding Day, as you and your celebrant will have met over the months you are planning your day. With a registrar, it depends who is on the Duty Roster that day….
7. No extra costs! You won’t have to pay for a rehearsal – that should be all built into the fee (but some Celebrants vary, so do check!). Not all Registrars will offer a rehearsal… and if they do, you have to pay for it. Especially if you wanted it after work, or on a Sunday for example.
8. A celebrant won’t stop your photographer doing their job. In fact, if you ask, they should provide a list of photo opportunity points in the Ceremony to capture a special moment. (I do!)
9. Would you like a greeting in Gaelic? How about a Wilkommen for your German guests? Or a tea ceremony in Cantonese? Or perhaps the whole Ceremony in French? Yep, I have done all this and more! I am even learning BSL – British Sign Language – for a wedding ceremony next year.
10. Imagine your guests telling you that it is one of the best wedding ceremonies they have ever been to? That your wedding was so personal, it made them well up? That a whole row of guests had to share a packet of tissues?! This will happen with a Celebrant ceremony – almost guaranteed at a Cherish Ceremony!
All these couples enjoyed a Cherish Ceremony…. next year’s diary is filling up, so don’t miss out!
*Important Note: You will still have to register your marriage – this will be just £49 (at current fee rates). Contact me via www.facebook.com/CherishCeremoniesUK or via email to if you would like more details
Help! I’ve Been Asked To Read At A Wedding! Top tips on how to read at a wedding
Today’s tradition is something no wedding can possibly be without…. can it? The Bridal Bouquet!
The Wedding Budget….. Setting the Budget. A Step by Step guide!
The Quaich, or Loving Cup. This is a wonderful Celtic tradition.
The ritual of handfasting dates back centuries. Indeed, it is one of the oldest marriage unity rituals. Tying the knot
Want to be certain all your wedding planning bases are covered? The top things for planning your wedding are:
From honeymoon experts to photographers, cake makers to boutique caterers, you’ll find plenty of local suppliers who can bring your wedding vision to life.
For YOUR Documentary Wedding Photography.
Ok, it may sound formal, but in fact it is anything but!
Documentary wedding photography means telling stories, documenting the wedding in the same way as a photojournalist would. Reportage, candid, observational wedding photography are other ways of describing our approach. We prefer “story telling”. However one chooses to describe our approach, the key point is this; we tell the story of your day in photographs. Who was there, what happened when, what was going on whilst that you missed in the excitement of the day. Everyone will tell you the day will go so quickly; its true.
Let us know all about your wedding plans and we will be in touch in a jiffy. If you use Hotmail, Gmail or similar, don’t forget to check your spam filter if you haven’t heard from us within a day or two.
Tel: 01869 226255
Address: 101 Isis Avenue, Bicester, Oxfordshire OX 26 2GR
Then take a look at Vine House Studios. Ivor McCullagh & Becky Moyce are one of the leading wedding photography duo’s in the Banbury area.
Experienced and trusted wedding photography by Vine House Studios
View the reviews on Google
Address: Vine House Studios Heath Farm Swerford Chipping Norton Oxfordshire OX7 4BN
Studio – 01608 683880
Becky – 07581 784707
Ivor – 07791 763329
Meet Darren Bedding wedding photography.
Known as the perfect gentleman who takes everything in his stride. With a fast developing reputation of delivering high quality photographs with excellent customer service. Both ensure a reassuring experience.
Capturing intimate moments enabling couples to relive their beautiful memories for a lifetime to come. This is where your family legacy begins.
View the reviews on Google
Darren mainly works throughout Oxfordshire, Northamptonshire, Buckinghamshire, Warwickshire, Gloucestershire, Berkshire, and the Cotswolds. Although has been contracted to work throughout the UK.
Address: Prescote Manor in Cropredy Oxfordshire.
Specialising in honeymoons, weddings abroad and tailor-made holidays. Whether it’s an exotic retreat to distant golden sands or your ultimate adventure trip, simply share your vision of the perfect wedding and honeymoon with us, and we’ll make it a reality.
Whatever your needs, Lindsay & Dawn are here to help you.
Tel: 07818 000671 or 07824 633865
Unique and beautiful ceremonies that you will always cherish.
Judy the Celebrant designs beautiful bespoke weddings ceremonies. Find out why more and more people are choosing Judy as their Celebrant by visiting Judy’s reviews
Judy is based in Warwickshire, but travels worldwide.
Tel: 07713 278699 or 01926 930393
Offering a same day delivery service, which we have FREE delivery in Banbury and only a small delivery charge elsewhere.
Over 21yrs experience. Modern, Classic, Dramatic and Elegant Floral Designs.
Offering you a home, business or venue consultation at a time that suits you. From large scale venue decoration to the smallest detailing in your bridal bouquet, we will design a package to suit tailored to your unique requirements.
Orders can be taken on our website www.bloomin-events.co.uk/
Tel: 07880 618 899
Who doesn’t want a video as that special keep sake. Fresh Wed – capture your most special day with high attention to detail, quality and production value. Making your memories last forever with our bespoke video service.
Tel: 07815 311509
On-site balloon decorating service to suit all occasions as well as supplying top quality Balloons designs for collection.
Balloons are exciting and add magic to any size of celebration, function or party. They have versatility, movement, colour and tremendous visual impact.
At Sweet Celebrations we specialise in decorating venues, weddings, parties, christenings, anniversaries proms and corpoarte events from subtle table decorations to elaborate themed decorations to transform you venue.
Sweet Celebrations only use the highest quality qualatex balloons with a wide choice of colours and designs.
Balloon clusters starting at £8.00.
For more information or a balloon quote please call us on 01295 269472 or e mail Ken and Jane on
19-20 Church Lane
Traditional celebration, and wedding cakes by Kit.
Here at Cakes by Kit, I believe in making your cakes look amazing and taste amazing in equal measure!
I have been using my creativity and baking skills to make delicious cakes for over 20 years.
I can offer you beautiful and delicious cakes and cookies that are a great centerpiece for every occasion.
“If you are looking for that perfect cake for your special occasion, look no further than Cakes By Kit. They offer a 5 star service and VIP treatment for all their clients. I would highly recommend them as professional cake makers.” Source Google
See more reviews on Facebook
Contact Karen at Cakes by Kit
Tel: 07870 500919
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/CakesByKit
Every bride-to-be wants a wedding cakes that looks as good as it tastes, and with Cakes by Smillies Cakes & Pops you can be sure to get the best of both worlds.
All products are made to order and use only quality ingredients including locally sourced free range eggs and our homemade jam in our filled cakes. Wherever possible Cakes are made within 24 hours of delivery to ensure freshness and allowing you to enjoy them for longer.
We can offer products to cater for specific dietary requirements such as diabetic, wheat intolerance and dairy free.
Plus; we offer, Sweetie Treats, Vintage Cart & 3ft Ferris Wheel, popcorn carts, cheese carts, 4ft LOVE, venue decoration including chair covers and much more.
Tel: 07969 728751
Facebook Page: Smillies Cakes Pops
Address: 2 Maple Close Woodford Halse, Daventry, Northamptonshire NN11 3ND
Whether you are looking for handmade chocolates as favours, a cake with a difference or to feed all your guests, we can help you make your event special.
We use only fresh ingredients – with as many as possible sourced locally. Special dietary needs are not a problem and we are happy to talk gluten, dairy and nut free menus. We have some example menus but all menus are tailored to your needs and budget.
We have catered for most things from corporate lunches through to weddings with over 120 guests – but also birthday parties, marriage blessings, christenings and engagement parties!
Why not give First We Eat a call on 0753 034 2312 or email .
At Sharon Priscilla everything is made to the highest quality standards for what we see as possibly the most important clothing purchase you will ever make.
Sharon Priscilla is a family run business based in the heart of Oxfordshire. Creating bespoke wedding dresses, bridesmaids dresses, occasion wear, veils, tiaras, bridal sash belts and jewellery.
Booking an appointment is essential;
Tel: Sharon 07866 742349 or Louise 07834 599865
Address: Crouch Street Banbury OX16 9PP
Everything to do at Sharon Priscilla is woven around the individual needs to create a truly unique item of clothing.
Award winning boutique caterers specialising in the creation of sensational menus. Experts in weddings.
Your dedicated Indulgence wedding expert will ensure your day is utter bliss, from the first sip of Champagne to the last crumb of cake.
A wedding is probably the most important day of two peoples’ lives. There are no rehearsals. Indulgence’s professional and talented team combined with their entirely bespoke wedding catering service, will ensure that whether your needs are simple or sumptuous, classic or contemporary, every culinary desire you have for your wedding day will be delivered with passion and meticulous attention to detail.
For enquiries, please contact us:
Tel: 01295 690888
Address: Main Street, Farnborough Banbury OX17 1DZ
A horse-drawn carriage is the perfect way to arrive at your wedding in style.
Our original Victorian carriage is drawn by two stunning black Fresian horses and can be decorated to complement your chosen flowers or colour scheme. The carriage can be used open or fully closed, ensuring your occasion is a success, regardless of the weather. This carriage can carry four people.
We have other horses and carriages, so your entourage can also travel in style – we can tailor our carriages to suit your personal needs.
Based in Oxfordshire, we offer our services throughout the south of England.
“The carriage, horses and of course yourself and staff really carried off the elegant and dignified start to our married life we were looking for…” Chris and Emma
“Thank you so much for being part of our special day. It was a dream come true to have such a beautiful horse and carriage, I felt like a princess!” Jess and Daniel
For more information about viewings, prices and availability, please do not hesitate to contact Kevin Merry, he will be more than happy to discuss your individual requirements.
Tel: 07976 219830
Here at Cherwell Edge we will play our part in ensuring that it will be one you remember for years to come.
We have a range of packages however, should you have any specific requests we would be very pleased to try and accommodate you.
Our Head Chef has put together some wonderful menus for you to choose from.
Please feel free to discuss these and any other dietary requirements with the Wedding Co-ordinator
Address: Cherwell Edge Golf Club, Appletree Road, Chacombe, Banbury, Oxford, OX17 2EN, UK
Phone: 01295 711591
Whether you live, work or just love the Banbury area known as Banburyshire, this website is for you. You’ll find the site crammed full of useful and essential information such as travel times, news, jobs, events, articles, food, local businesses and so much more.
Banburyshire Info provides a comprehensive resource for residents, businesses, and visitors to the Banburyshire area.