This is the new favourite recipe within The Supper Circle house hold.
Bazil Stuffed Chicken Breast.
I saw it recently on Royal Recipes and it was the kind of recipe that we love, minimum effort but maximum flavour and visual appeal and that is exactly how it was received too, so its going in our little black book of dinner winners, after all if its good enough for royality its perfect for our guests:
- 4 x Chicken Breasts
- 150grm of diced chicken
- 2 x large handful of Basil
- 50mls double cream
- Salt and pepper (seasoning)
- Place the diced chicken and basil in a blender and blend until smooth in texture and light green in colour.
- Add seasoning and 50mls of double cream and blend further until the cream and seasoning is mixed in.
- Now prepare the whole chicken breasts by placing one at a time flat on the chopping board and making an incision in the thickest part of the chicken breast just over half way into the chicken and about a thumb’s length long, you should have now made a pocket where the mousse will go, repeat on the remaining chicken breasts.
- When all the chicken breasts are prepared, start putting the mousse mixture into the pockets, splitting the mousse mixture between the 4 chicken breasts.
- Once finished, place a chicken breast on a square of cling flim and wrap it tightly, twisting the ends to make sure it doesn’t come unwrapped.
Repeat for all the breasts.
- Place the wrapped chicken breasts in boiling water and simmer for 15mins, making sure that they are completely submerged in the water.
- After 15mins, take them out of the water, unwrap them and pan fry for a further 5 minutes to add colour.
- Once pan fried, place on a chopping board and slice the breasts and serve.
The Supper Circle chefs, Rachel Steiger and Jo Smith.
Who are The Supper Circle?
A new fine dining experience in Banbury Oxfordshire. https://thesuppercircle.com/
Like this? Spread the word.
The community and news site for Banbury and Banburyshire.
Whether you live, work or just love the Banbury area known as Banburyshire, this website is for you. You’ll find the site crammed full of useful and essential information such as travel times, news, jobs, events, articles, food, local businesses and so much more …
Over on the Twitter feed.
Tweets that have gained a re-tweet, shared from Banburyshire info, or where we’ve joined the conversation.
Banburyshire Info provides a comprehensive resource for residents, businesses, and visitors to the Banburyshire area.